DIRECTOR OF THE FOUNDATION՝
Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor
Tel. (+37499) 556665
Avetik Harutyunyan, PhD in Law, Associate Professor
Tel. (+374 10) 521362
Aram Hovhannisyan, PhD in History, Associate Professor
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT `
Tel. (+37494) 115700
ALL ARMENIAN FOUNDATION FINANCING ARMENOLOGICAL STUDIES (AAFFAS)
The Foundation is a non-commercial organization without membership created thanks to the property’s optional contributions. The Foundation serves the scientific, educational, social, charity and other purposes. The founder of the AAFFAS is the Republic of Armenia, in face of its government. AAFFAS’s activities are not limited in time, it has its own supplies, if needed it can make both property and personal transactions in its own name. It can also carry various duties and obligations, to act free in the court as both plaintiff and defendant.
In accordance with the law AAFFAS is entitled to open a bank account in both Republic of Armenia and abroad. The accounts may be opened both for AMD and foreign currencies.
As sources for obtaining property serve the Foundation’s investments, money subsidies from the governmental budget, donations done by both physical and juridical persons as well as foreign citizens and international organizations, also the means received from satellite companies created by the Foundation or established with the help of the Foundation, finally, other incomes that are not restricted by law.
The Foundation is also entitled to broadcast information about its activities as well as to establish press and mass-media sources, in accordance with law to receive from the governmental and local bodies certain information that is necessary for implementation its constitutional purposes. The Foundation also can cooperate with both international and foreign various armenological organizations and centers.
The promotion of Armenian Studies is one of the general lines of the governmental policy of Republic of Armenia. It has its aim to enforce the Armenian statehood, to build up national ideology, to conduct activities in the way of the Armenians maintenance in Diaspora. It also aspires to assist the preservation of the people’s national identity, to bring up a new generation in Armenian feelings, to educate them as patriots and true citizens.
The real clients of the Foundations are the appropriate scientific organizations in the structure of the NAS, relevant scientific departments in the structure of high education (universities) of RA, as well as other armenological organizations as well as scientific staff, the establisher, the Foundation’s both body members and staff involved in the structure.
1. Elaboration and subsequent implementation of programs directed to the investigation of armenologcal issues, political and practical urgent issues in the field;
2. Establishment of cooperation between different armenological organizations world-wide and systematization of their further work;
3. Elaboration and promotion of programs directed to the maintenance of armenological centers located in abroad;
4. Implementation of programs directed to modernization (modern scientific supplies) of armenological organizations structure and supplies.
AAFFAS’s FUNCTIONAL AIMS
1. To support the implementation of the most significant armenological programs;
2. Organization of international armenological congresses on the most valuable issues in Armenian Studies;
3. Creation of competent armenological staff, necessary activities on its subsequent promotion and requalification;
4. To support young scientists’ programs;
5. Publication of the most valuable works in the field of Armenian Studies;
6. To assist the process of digitalization of Armenian Studies legacy.
AAFFAS’s MAIN ACTIVITES
The main purpose of the Foundation’s establishment was to finance the most significant programs on Armenian Studies that will facilitate the solution of the main issues in the field. Particularly, it is planned to create a general data-base in all disciplines of Armenian Studies where the materials such as bibliographical manuscripts, epigraphic inscriptions, archival files, studies on dictionary monuments and its publications will be collected and stored. It will also be of some use if one create digital resources, for instance, a facility that will enable a transfer of electronic versions through internet as well as multi-language internet websites promoting the Armenian Studies, an organization of international armenological conferences, summer schools and seminars, building of young scientists in the renowned foreign universities and centers, also an organization of appropriate meetings of the scientific council that will promote a cooperation between various armenological centers.